From what I have seen reported there have been a few attempted attacks, all targeted. Did see one good probe comming in from a firewall misconfiguration on my part that did try to exploit it but didn't get far. Actually came in as a spoof through a developer's machine via Poland via China if the tracebacks are accurate but even that may not be all that accurate if anon'd.

Brent Eads
Employee Technology Solutions, Inc.

The contents contain privileged and/or confidential information intended for the named recipient of this email. ETSI (Employee Technology Solutions, Inc.) does not warrant that the contents of any electronically transmitted information will remain confidential. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the information contained in the email in error, please reply to us immediately and delete the document.

Viruses, Malware, Phishing and other known and unknown electronic threats: It is the recipient/client's duties to perform virus scans and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system. No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect.

Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility. Liability will be limited to resupplying the material.

"Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

08/11/2006 11:20 AM

Please respond to
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
cc
Subject
Re: [ActiveDir] Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-041 Vulnerability in DNS Resolution Could Allow Remote Code Execution

Not seeing too many reported issues 06-040 at this time.

Are seeing issues with the typical customized web apps with
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-042.mspx the IE
one.. and so far hearing reports of issues with web/Peoplesoft on
Windows 2000 and XP sp1.

As a reminder:
Windows XP SP1 and SP1a support ends on October 10, 2006:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean19

Michael Miller wrote:
> Maybe you wouldn't exactly call it a utility tool, but WSUS can
> generate reports with all kinds of info regarding the status of
> patches for all machines in the domain.
>
> It's free and has minimal hardware requirements. You can service all
> your machines via a GPO and, if you're the cautious type, wait for the
> bleeding edge people to report back before approving certain updates
> for your client machines.
>
> -mjm
>

> Alex Alborzfard wrote:
>> What about MS06-040? I've heard it's a nasty one like blaster.
>> DHS has already issued a recommendation to apply this patch.
>>
>> I remember using a utility tool that would list all applied patches on a
>> Windows box with all kind of information.
>> Anyone has ever used or knows anything about it?
>>
>> Alex

Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs