I took a quick look at the 9100C manual. It looks like it offers the
ldap search facility to get a list email addresses you want to send
the attachment to. So you'd scan the doc, it'll make an attachment and
send to an email address list obtained by an ldap query. You could
also use the address books on the printer or type the destinations
manually.

Obviously in order to do the ldap query, it may need credentials.The
credentials are almost certaintly in DN format as Al said. Else it
does it anonymously.

Check the address book feature. I think most people will probably
rather type destinations manually than do ldap searches ;-)

M@