From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Yann
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 22:47
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] backup and restore AD.

Hello,

I had question about D backup & restore.
It is possible to backup AD in 2 ways:
1) backup only the system state.
2) backup system state & file system containing the AD working directory (ntds.dit, edb.chk, Edb*.log,Res1.log and Res2.log).

MS states that u have to restore your AD by restoring the system state.
But ,what about just restoring the AD working directory without system state ? I tested it and that works fine.
So my question is:
=> In what circumstances do i have to choose a restore from system state or a restore from AD working directory.

Thanks for clarification,

Yann

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.