LOL.

I really actually like LDAP and Win32 API type coding. I do understand
though the draw for some folks for .NET. Just not for me, especially as I
play more and more in the FreeBSD space. ;)

ASP.NET I expect will be the first thing I go into when/if I make a step in
that direction. Something that is completely server side controlled.

I was into MONAD when it was first announced and very early in the
design/development/beta but they kept cutting back what they initially said
they were going to do with it and I ended up losing interest. I have fear in
how "fat" things are going to get with it. Certainly I am not thrilled with
the stuff being done in Exchange with it that I have seen/heard about. For
example, if I want a list of mailbox sizes of all mailboxes in an org you
need to pull back to the client running the script EVERYTHING about EVERY
mailbox. That may work in a small org but is not optimal in a large size
distributed environment. When I pointed that out I was simply told that is
the MONAD way... That isn't really encouraging for someone who normally
works on environments greater than 100k seats.

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm