""build a white box because anyone else uses crud parts" era."
All hardware sucks, all software sucks, all support sucks =)
That said, at least with the name brand boys you have something resembling support and they generally have tools that you can hobble your own support out of. Personally I wouldn't run any company larger than 50 or so employees off of whitebox computers because the time wasted on support is far more valuable then the marginal cost of the vendors markup.

Thanks,
Andrew Fidel

"Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/01/2006 07:04 PM

Please respond to
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
cc
Subject
Re: [ActiveDir] Update Server BIOS remotely.

Right now in my space we're in "get a brand name" era..but it wasn't
that long ago we were in a "build a white box because anyone else uses
crud parts" era.

I think it depends on what serverland you live in :-)

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx