I could seen an issue if someone has something running like an access DB which could result in corruption / data loss or long running script, etc and then they would be pissed. From a purely technical standpoint I don't see a problem.

You could also write something to check the uptime of the machines and send out an email and ask people to reboot and anyone who doesn't reboot in x days gets rebooted.

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Frank Abagnale
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:15 AM
To: Active
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Bulk Workstation reboots.....

I have a startup script which inputs a variable on every XP workstation.
This variable is going to change and I need the workstations to be rebooted to reflect the change.
I have around 900 workstations, I was thinking of using the shutdown.exe tool with the remote name in a batch file.
I was planning on doing through during the night, does anyone see any issues/impact if I set 900 machines to reboot automatically? Does anyone else have a better idea?
Thanks
Frank