From: Michael B Allen
Sent: Wed 10/25/2006 11:42 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] List Groups I'm In?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:06:53 -0700
"Free, Bob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  whoami /groups
>
> C:\Admin\Util>where whoami
> C:\Program Files\Support Tools\whoami.exe
>
> Not exacty "stock" but then again I consider Support Tools as an
> essential part of an installation :-)

Well I can't ship that with my product.

I scraped up this VBS script that does the trick.

if WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 then
   WScript.Echo "Usage: [cscript|wscript] ListGroups.vbs <nETBIOSName>/<sAMAccountName>"
   WScript.Quit 1
end if

Set UserObj = GetObject("WinNT://" & Replace(WScript.Arguments.Item(0), "\", "/"))
For Each GroupObj In UserObj.Groups
    List = List & GroupObj.Name & vbcrlf
Next
WScript.Echo List