The WinNT provider will not show same scope nesting. i.e. GG in GG, DLG in
DLG, etc

As Brett stated, group membership is something with different answers
depending on where you ask in the environment. For instance, DLG memberships
in foreign domains will not show in your local interactive token. Ditto for
local group memberships on member machines. Those memberships will show in
the token only for auths in those scopes... i.e. if you log on to a member
machine in a foreign domain, you will get your DLGs from that domain and the
LGs from the member that you are part of but won't get DLGs from your home
domain (or any other domain for that matter).

An easy way to see the differences is to load ADAM on different machines in
different domains and take a user with various group memberships at the
domain levels and member levels and then query the ADAM rootdse with that ID
and look at the tokenGroups attribute. You can also do this with Longhorn
DCs.

It really depends on how comprehensive an answer you want as to how you go
about answering the question, "what groups am I in?"

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm