Well if the DC crashed like you said, the domain doesn't know that DC is gone.

If you want to use the old DC name just reset the Computer account of the OLD DC in Active directory users and computers And than try to promote the DC,

If you want to use new computer name :

1. Remove the old DC computer name from the AD.

2. Remove all the information of the old DC (DNS,metadata, etc..)  see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498

3. seize FSMO rules : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255504  (you said you have another DC :) )

4. Promote the new DC with a new computer name..