How much data do you want to keep in sync between the distribution points?

Cheers

M@

On 12/6/06, Condra, Jerry W Mr HP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all
I'm looking for feedback on a couple of scenarios for our environment. We
have three W2K3 SP1 domains and WAN separated regions in a couple of them.
When deploying software, hotfixes and such I want to go to the
'distribution
point' for that domain/region so as not to traverse the WAN for downloads.
Each distribution point needs to mirror the others. Each region has an app
server where we maintain these distribution points for downloads, patches
and such and currently is managed manually as far as keeping each server
identical to the other. I'm not familiar with DFS other than what is and
does and have not configured or used it. Robocopy seems okay but also has
lot of configuration to deal with. DFS seems to be the best but wanted to
see what the experts thought. My concern is if I create the DFS hierarchy
I'd still be pointed to one server for the files. In reading the
documentation I see multiple roots can be established which I'm hoping
would
provide access to each regional distribution point and still replicate the
latest uploads from one point to all others.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Jerry