I'd be interested in the procedure Daniel took and the results.

Found the following:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/f/?en/library/979f01c1-3a37-46
f5-813d-3e28d5f7eec01033.mspx

Remarks

.

The ageallrecords operation is for backward compatibility between the
current version of DNS and previous releases in which aging and scavenging
were not supported. It adds a time stamp with the current time to records
that do not have one and sets the current time on records that do have a
time stamp.

.

Scavenging of records does not occur unless the records are timestamped.
NS (name server), SOA (Start of Authority), and WINS records are not
included in the scavenging process and are not timestamped even when the
ageallrecords operation is run.

.

This command fails unless scavenging is enabled for the DNS server and the
zone. For information about how to enable scavenging for the zone, see the
aging parameter under Zone-Level Syntax in the config
<http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/d652a163-279f-4047
-b3e0-0c468a4d69f31033.mspx#BKMK_3>  operation in this document.

.

The addition of a time stamp to DNS records makes them incompatible with
DNS servers that run on operating systems other than Windows 2000, Windows
XP, or Windows Server 2003. A time stamp you add by using the
ageallrecords operation cannot be reversed.

.

If none of the optional fields are specified, the command returns all
records at the specified node. If a value is specified for at least one of
the optional fields, then DNSCmd enumerates only records corresponding to
the value or values specified in the optional field or fields.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/f/?en/library/979f01c1-3a37-46
f5-813d-3e28d5f7eec01033.mspx

Caution

.

By default, the aging and scavenging mechanism for the DNS Server service
is disabled. It should only be enabled when all parameters are fully
understood. Otherwise, the server could be accidentally configured to
delete records that should not be deleted. If a record is accidentally
deleted, not only will users fail to resolve queries for that record, but
any user can create the record and take ownership of it, even on zones
configured for secure dynamic update.

The server uses the contents of each RR-specific time stamp, along with
other aging/scavenging properties that you can adjust or configure, to
determine when it scavenges records.

Prerequisites for aging/scavenging

Before the aging and scavenging features of DNS can be used, several
conditions must be met:

1.

Scavenging and aging must be enabled both at the DNS server and on the
zone.

By default, aging and scavenging of resource records is disabled.

2.

Resource records must either be dynamically added to zones or manually
modified to be used in aging and scavenging operations.

Typically, only those resource records added dynamically using the DNS
dynamic update protocol are subject to aging and scavenging. For more
information, see Dynamic update
<http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/e760737e-9e55-458d
-b5ed-a1ae9e04819e1033.mspx>  .

You can, however, enable scavenging for other resource records added
through non-dynamic means. For records added to zones in this way, either
by loading a text-based zone file from another DNS server or by manually
adding them to a zone, a time stamp of zero is set. This makes these
records ineligible for use in aging/scavenging operations.

In order to change this default, you can administer these records
individually, to reset and permit them to use a current (non-zero) time
stamp value. This enables these records to become aged and scavenged.

For more information, see Reset scavenging and aging properties
<http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/e312517b-9bbb-4ceb
-bef0-117cdcc9ca871033.mspx>  for a specified resource record .

Note

.

In the case of changing a zone from standard primary to Active
Directory-integrated, you might want to enable scavenging of all existing
resource records in the zone. To enable aging for all existing resource
records in a zone, you can use the AgeAllRecords command, which is
available through the dnscmd command-line tool. For more information, see
Server administration using Dnscmd
<http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/cee759b0-7a2a-4ba7
-904e-ff399814b1711033.mspx>  .

  _____