For many/most they just use the built in (uh.. does 2k have built in?) UPS software in Windows rather than the Powerchute third party stuff.

I just know that Powerchute had an expired Java cert in their program and brought servers to their knees a year or so ago making symptoms like DNS issues. So when it doubt.... pull it off.

Noah Eiger wrote:
Hi -

Thanks for the links, Susan. Yes, those are the errors regarding Exchange /
AD and the FRS errors seem to have gone away.
The UPS is a good one to point to. The only thing that has changed is that
we replaced the UPS. Ah ha, you might say. We had a UPS on this for years,
but it did not run APC's PowerChute. That battery started beeping, and we
installed the application. Then the UPS died. This is a new battery and new
UPS. Do you know of any incompatibilities with APC's PowerChute? PowerChute
does not show anything out of the ordinary around the time of the crashes.

Finally, someone asked what was on the screen. I did not see it because I
was not on site. The person who did the restart for me said the screen was
blank. The screen is on a KVM.

Regardless, I am calling Dell today.

Thanks.

-- nme