www.sdmsoftware.com

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rich Milburn
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 6:49 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Vista GPO

You may recall, there was a similar case when XP came out too - if
memory serves, you had to manage XP GPO settings from an XP box - if you
opened them on Win2K, there were problems (I can't recall now exactly
what those problems were... it would corrupt the policy? Lose the
settings?) anyway so there are tons more settings (+ side) and you have
to use Vista for now (- side, sorta).  I wouldn't be too surprised if
they fix that with the next server and XP SP... but I haven't actually
heard that.

Rich Milburn
MCSE, Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Sr Network Analyst, Field Platform Development
Applebee's International, Inc.
4551 W. 107th St
Overland Park, KS 66207
913-967-2819
"I love the smell of red herrings in the morning" - anonymous