Then you weren't referring to Performance Monitor (if you'd said that you
launched it from Task Manager, I wouldn't have thought you meant Perfmon).
Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor are not the same thing, and it *is*
normal for *Perfmon* to launch with no counters, which is why I asked you
for clarification. The only thing I can think of is that there is a delay
before display begins when you launch Resource Monitor from Task Manager.
Since you can't reproduce the problem, it's difficult to give you a solid
answer, but if you are able to reproduce the issue, please post how you did
so so that others can see if they can duplicate it. I have been unable to
reproduce the problem on my machines after waking them from sleep, but if
you are able to come up with a reproducible scenario, I'm certainly willing
to test it.

Laura