Well its about time item no 1:
Granular control of removable devices.

http://www.sbslinks.com/vista.ppt

As I showcased in that slide deck that I just did to a bunch of CPAs.. I can't do the 3d view thingy on my..what now nearly two year old tablet.

Uh huh....So what.  When I do that view it makes me seasick anyway.

And UAC isn't that annoying.

Rich Milburn wrote:
So did we, where I was at the time.  Now I can't recall what the driving
factors were, but it was pre-SP2.  There were enough to convince some
hard-core captains to do it, though, and that was a tough sell.  With XP
SP2, Vista is a tough sell to people who believe everything they read
about Vista but haven't checked out for themselves.  I thought it was
just kinda cool looking but not compelling, till I started digging deep
into it.  That's when I saw a lot of "well it's about time they fixed
that" issues, and various things that for me, would be selling points on
their own merit.  But alas, those around me who have not taken the time
to find out for themselves, get hung up on the reviews saying it takes a
Cray supercomputer to run it, all so you can get some eye candy that's
overrated at best.  I'm not going to go into it all right now, but
depending on your environment, there are compelling reasons to get
familiar with Vista.  With SP1, I expect it to be widely deployable (and
compelling to do so).  And I would expect [1] SP1 in the mid-2007
Longhorn RTM time frame.
[1] I have no privileged knowledge about that, it's just a guess based
on the fact that the Vista/Longhorn code is closely related, the two
OS's are meant to go hand-in-hand, and W2K3 Server SP1 and XP SP2 were
closely related.  In a way, some of the Vista code which is shared with
Longhorn is getting a longer beta run, and will likely be fixed in
Longhorn and the fixes will apply to Vista - especially as relates to
how the Vista client is used in conjunction with the server, including
admin tasks.  Again, that is a guess, not inside info.  I could be way
off.

Rich Milburn
MCSE, Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Sr Network Analyst, Field Platform Development
Applebee's International, Inc.
4551 W. 107th St
Overland Park, KS 66207
913-967-2819
"I love the smell of red herrings in the morning" - anonymous