-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 12:51 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] ADFind help

Yep that will do it.

It can be further refined. :)

I put in a special shortcut for this specific case

adfind -b "ou=myou,dc=mydomain,dc=com" -sc exchaddresses

If you just want the SMTP addresses, I.E. you don't care about X400
addresses which is most people, you can do the following:

adfind -b "ou=myou,dc=mydomain,dc=com" -sc exchaddresses:smtp

Which will only diplay SMTP addresses from proxyAddresses. The filter
below
will only return objects with SMTP addresses but it will still display
any
other types of addresses in the proxyaddresses attribute such as X400,
SIP,
X500, SNADS, etc.

For the curious that expands out to the following switches/args:

Selected Switches
    -b ou=myou,dc=mydomain,dc=com
    -f (&(mailnickname=*)(proxyaddresses=smtp*))
    -gc
    -mvfilter proxyaddresses=smtp

Selected Attributes
    proxyAddresses

I am planning on releasing a new version of AdFind (V01.35.00) in the
next
day or three (may even upload it tonight still if I don't run out of
gas).
It has a couple bug fixes around the ACL output and some additional ACL
options.

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm