-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Bradley,
CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:47 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] OT: Who needs that much ram anyway?

Personally I was surprised that a Windows 2003 server and Exchange 2007
would need a patch to run more than 4 gigs because
"This problem occurs because of a problem in the Windows kernel"

Seems to me in the x64 era, we're all going to be running more than 4
gigs so they should bundle this up in the Exchange 2007 installer from
the get go rather than having everyone stumble across a KB article.

I'm assuming it's discussed in the readme that no one reads?

Brian Desmond wrote:
> The more you can get in memory, the better. 32GB is the threshold for
> Exchange before it stops making sense.
>
> I've remoted into SQL servers with dozens of CPUs and dozens of gigs
of
> ram before...
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Desmond
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> c - 312.731.3132

Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I
will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs