From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Noah Eiger
Sent: Thu 1/18/2007 4:53 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Remote DC's on Virtual Server

I realize this is now getting a bit OT, but...

Deji, I think the fruit distinction is based on the fact that one runs on bare
metal and other runs under a host OS. (Or at least that is how I have always
thought of them.) Beyond that, I agree there are simply feature comparisons.

That said, (and with the caveat that I have not worked with ESX) I find the MS
product to be much simpler than VM Server (nee GSX). I started halfway down the
path of migrating my MS VMs to VM Server and found it overly complex and the
video emulation performance using the VM Ware client was so bad as to be
unacceptable.

And as to the OP, I have DCs running on MS VS2k5 R2 and have not had any
problems. In the situation you describe, Justin, it seems like performance and
cost would be the deciding factor.

--- nme