On 8/11/06, Sepand M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hmm. Sounds like you're right =)
I think I will.
A few questions:
1. Why transient? Is ConnectionInfo serialized anywhere? I thought
marshallers were doing that stuff.

because it's not field that should be serialized.  It only a way for
the broker side transport to communicate some info to the broker.

2. If I use a generic Object field, the hypothetical security broker
plugin would have to do a cast to Certificate (or whatever) which, if
the classes are not hooked up right, could fail.
Is that ok?

Well, he should first test to see if it's an instance of what you
expect.  If it's not that or not set at all you could assume that the
transport being used is NOT ssl and reject that request.

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com