Title: PythonWin debug assertion

Hi,
With a few minor tweaks I've built Python and PythonWin from activepython2.31 (source was ActivePython-2.3.2-231.src.tar.gz) under Visual Studio 7.1.3088 on Windows 2000 (version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 3 Build 2915).

I'm now trying to run the debug build of PythonWin which works fine until it closes down.

On closing, the document's "OnCloseDocument()" gets ahold of the document's first view, gets its frame, and calls "DestroyFrame()" on it (see doccore.cpp in the MFC source). This triggers the frame's "OnDestroy()".

Then the frame window receives a subsequent "WM_DESTROY" message (looks like as a result of WM_CLOSE processing) which triggers "OnDestroy()" again. The code crashes in "DestroyDockBars()" since it's trying to delete a list of already deleted dockbar pointers. This causes an access violation leading to the crash.

The window being destroyed is a "CPythonMDIFrameWnd" and its "OnClose()" handler is delegating to an internal handler which ultimately delegates to "CFrameWnd::OnClose()".

I haven't yet tried my release build but would anticipate the same problems. If I get the time I'll try the same process under Visual Studio 6 (I already have a build of activepython 2.22 which I can play with) but this is unlikely to be anytime soon.

Anyone else built under VStudio 7 or later ? Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, or whether the code needs patching. I know Python ok and MFC pretty well, but am unfamiliar with the PythonWin framework beyond the very very basics.

Cheers for all assistance,
mE

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and solely
for the intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure,
modification, and/or distribution of this email may be unlawful. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your system. The views expressed in this message
do not necessarily reflect those of LIFFE Holdings Plc or any of its subsidiary companies.