From: bounce-120205141-56848...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-120205141-56848...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Meredith Canady
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:09 AM
To: acup...@list.cornell.edu
Subject: [acupa-l] Enterprise Risk Management

Good morning, all,

I apologize that this question deviates from the traditional policy-related
questions, but I am hoping for input from a policy-administrator perspective.

Our policy management is housed in University Compliance, and as a department,
we work closely with the Risk Manager on a daily basis.

We are looking for models of organizational responsibility, function, and
reporting regarding Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). Our 10,000 student public
university has the Risk Manager charged with implementation. Would the
reporting and oversight of ERM and the Risk Manager be best housed in
Compliance? With the Executive Vice President? Internal Audit? Why or why not?

Thank you all for any insight you may have!

Meredith Canady, J.D.
Deputy Compliance Officer
Coastal Carolina University
The Prudential Building- 114
P.O. Box 261954 | Conway, SC 29528
Tele: (843) 349-6984
mbcan...@coastal.edu<mailto:mbcan...@coastal.edu>
[logo]<http://www.coastal.edu/>
Confidentiality Notice
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply to this email
and delete all copies of this message.

Replying to Messages: Replying (using Reply) to an ACUPA-L e-mail will
distribute your message to the ENTIRE list of members. To send a message
privately, reply directly to the individual who sent the message (their e-mail
address appears in the "From" line of their original e-mail).