[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Loren Jordan) writes: > I have a Compaq DL380 with a Smart Array 5i controller. > > This machine doesn't seem to be happy with the "compact" boot disks > (in potato). The thing boots up but doesn't "see" the disks. I have > installed Debian on other Compaq machines before and have had to use > the compact root and rescue boot disks.
I don't know, it should work. Do you know, do we just need the kernel option CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_DA=y ? FYI, 'compact' and 'reiserfs' flavors have this. This is strictly a kernel issue so you should probalby followup with the Linux hardware help groups -- if there's a bug for debian it would against the kernel-image-2.2.20-compact package for instance. > I don't see any error messages while booting, however I also don't > see the "discovering" of the array. Am I missing something? boot > command line for the kernel? Possibly. Again, we don't have any expertise on that in this group. There are boot paramter HOWTOs and linux hardware newgroups you should consult. -- ...Adam Di Carlo..<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...<URL:http://www.onshored.com/> -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
