Hi everyone

I have been on this mail group for some time after working on a project with
the National Park.  I just wanted to touch base and let you know more about
Polli:Nation.

Polli:Nation currently has 8 schools in Sussex working on recording Pollinators
and making habitat changes for them.

The schools  have survey their sites annually as part of the OPAL Polli:Nation
survey and then they have a grant to help make the changes, there is also a
need for them to work with a range of volunteers.

The first year was really busy with workshops half the schools are now
beginning to make their changes. This ranges from tree planting and forest
school linked activities to changes in mowing and looking at very compact
spaces for special needs students.

If you are interested in Knowing more about this project please see the website
here http://www.polli-nation.co.uk/  or email me or pollinat...@ltl.org.uk

The survey is available for everyone and we want help to get it into other
schools and community groups next summer.

Yours

Ruth Staples-Rolfe
Polli:Nation project officer
(working days are Monday to Thursday)

e: rstaples-ro...@ltl.org.uk  ¦¦  t: 01962 845686 ¦¦  m: 07818 424476 ¦¦  w:
www.ltl.org.uk
Ground Floor, F Block, Clarendon House, Monarch Way, Winchester, SO22 5PW

Be part of Polli:Nation - supporting schools UK wide to protect the future of
our declining pollinator populations. Supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Sign up for more information at: http://www.ltl.org.uk/pollination/about.php

Striking a balance when managing risk
A day of discussion and input from industry experts, ideal for leaders in
education, senior outdoor centre staff, lead play practitioners, health and
safety managers and more. Stirling University. 28th September 2016. Book your
place now at http://goo.gl/Xdv7O0

Learning through Landscapes
Our vision is that every child benefits from stimulating outdoor learning and
play in their education.

A registered charity in England and Wales (No. 803270) and in Scotland (No.
SCO38890) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England (No. 2485660
Registered Office: Ground Floor, F Block, Clarendon House, Monarch Way,
Winchester, Hampshire SO22 5PW

This email (including attachments) is confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not print, copy or distribute it. All views expressed are
those of the author and not of the charity. If you have received this email in
error, please notify Learning through Landscapes (LTL) immediately by replying
to this email and delete the email from your system. Please note that neither
LTL nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Thank you.