Dne 8.11.2017 v 16:54 Nick Hilliard napsal(a):
> it's removing the block on sub-assigning to
> other parties, which is the thing that distinguishes PI from PA.

Nick,

I think this is a wrong interpretation of the problem. There's actually
no distinction between PI and PA, the rule is that "sub-assignments are
forbidden" regardless of PI/PA nature of the addresses.

The only difference is that with PI, the it is the RIPE NCC evaluating
the rules, which seem to be too strict in considering what should count
as sub-assignment. But if we try to fix this, let's keep the fix working
both for PI and PA addresses. Just because the problem is not visible in
PA world does not mean it does not exist there.

I elaborated more on the PA side of the problem here:
https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/address-policy-wg/2016-November/011943.html

--
Ondřej Caletka