On 2023 Nov 29 (Wed) at 16:41:14 +0100 (+0100), Gert Doering wrote:
:Hi,
:
:On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 12:28:04PM +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:
:> I propose that we define this to be a CIDR assignment and they put in
:> the number of bits of the netmask, so the above example would be
:> assignment-size of /32.
:
:Seconded.  Well spotted.
:
:Maybe even make the syntax require the "/", at all times, so it's visually
:clear right away.  "This is a /32, not a 32 which might be either"
:
:gert

I don't mind requiring a "/", but I very much want it to stay in sync
with the IPv6 syntax.  If we add this to the IPv4 implementation for
parity, we shouldn't change it to take it out of parity.  :)

-peter

--
Overdrawn?  But I still have checks left!