Hi Peter

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 at 14:33, Peter Hessler <phess...@theapt.org> wrote:

> On 2023 Dec 15 (Fri) at 14:28:13 +0100 (+0100), Tore Anderson wrote:
> :To that end, you might want to submit a policy proposal that would
> :clarify for the RIPE NCC what the correct implementation should be, so
> :that their procedures are brought in line with your expectations. If
> :you do that, we can put 2023-04 on hold pending the outcome of your
> :proposal.
> :

The idea of writing a policy to change the way the RIPE NCC interprets
other policies makes no sense. The RIPE community simply needs to
request that the RIPE NCC reviews its interpretation of the current
address policy and explains it on the list for further community
discussion.

> Please don't do that.  Denis wishing to change policy should not block
> this proposal.

I don't want to change policy but keep this part under discussion, as
it is right now.

> Additionally, I believe that Denis' proposal on this topic is unlikely to
> reach concensous, as you can guess from reading the acrimonious
> discussion across several lists.

It's a pity many people choose to discuss policy on several (private)
lists rather than contribute to the open, transparent, archived
discussion on the official address policy list. Maybe someone can
sumarise these acrimonious discussions...

cheers
denis