Hello everybody,
first of all: thanks for reading. I have questions regarding the
UndefinedBehaviourSanitizer and didn't know where else to post them.

I am currently working on an embedded system project, porting the UBSan RTL
(GCC) to work with our stuff. After lots of ripping out this works, with a
few side effects though (for example no support for flags in the RTL
(yet)). To make this work in a long perspective I'd like to get rid of all
current ubs. However, since low-level stuff is low-level, we have some
occurrences of ub which are to be accepted and will last (a few null
pointer dereferences, packed structures, etc..). I figured out how to get
rid of some warnings (function-wise attributes), but this won't help with
for example the packed structures.

So I want to suppress the warnings in a few occasions. I however can't
figure out, how exactly issue suppression (other than function-wise via
attributes) works in the UBSan. I do see the suppression context being
created, with the file being parsed. However the only usage of that in the
UBSan I can find is the "IsVptrCheckSuppressed" function.

So, main questions:
Which file described in the Clang documentation is being parsed into the
suppression context? (fsanitize-blacklist, or UBSAN_OPTIONS=suppressions=
MyUBSan.supp ?)

Is the suppression context used in another way that I don't see?

And how is the other file used then?

Thank you, for taking the time and the great tools,
Ilya