I've been reiterating the necessity for this time and again ;) - I'd
be pretty much for an addition like this.

regards,

Martin

On 2/28/07, Danny Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was thinking that instead of displaying alert, the messages would appear
in the same place as they do in server-side.  So keep the existing
javascript validator/converter stuff but change where/how it is displayed.
We'd probably have to render a hidden container for each field, which the
javascript would populate and make visible.

Taking this route over a dialog means we could also probably provide some
kind of on-tab-out instant validation for more data-entry heavy
applications.  That said these approaches are not mutually exclusive.

Danny

--
Chordiant Software Inc.
www.chordiant.com