on our march reports, Jukka was asking:

<snip>
Things to do before graduation?
</snip>

checking the checklist (briefly) it looks like we are "set" ...

-M

On 3/26/07, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/19/07, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> your email states that this group should at least manage to get the
> release of the plugins out. I did. Currently this group is waiting for
> an approval to release the CORE as well.

was approved and already released :-)

> One item, we need to check is
>
> "Project ready to comply with ASF mirroring guidlines"
>
> I will look at MyFaces, how we do it there, shouldn't be that big deal.

posted to /www/people.apache.org/dis/incubator, as suggested here

> @GUMP: we use(d) continuum (was reseted currently)
> that should be ok?!
>

> What is your current thinking about this group?
> Start a vote? Fix the missing items? Wait for approval for CORE ?

So, what is the next step ?
A vote here on this list ?

I think, we also need to run a vote on the MyFaces PMC, to accept
Trinidad as one of their subprojects. I'll do that vote as well, when
time comes ;-)

-Matthias

> Thanks!
> Matthias
>

> On 2/10/07, Martin van den Bemt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In short : according to me they are.. Any feedback and additions
appreciated.. On note : I like to
> > see that at least the plugins get a release before we start a vote on dev
(and I expressed below
> > that you are targetting to have a release of core before leaving the
incubator,  although that could
> > be a misunderstanding)
> >
> > If everyone agrees on dev, we start a vote on the incubator general list
and after that on the
> > MyFaces private list. Exit strategy probably needs to be discussed with the
MyFaces crowd (like
> > mailinglists) and they probably need to have votes on people on the
trinidad ppmc list that are not
> > yet on the MyFaces PMC (but that's up to the MyFaces PMC). I'll subscribe
to the private myfaces
> > list (in case you didn't know : I can as a member, which doesn't actually
mean that I am on that PMC
> > or have a binding vote there).
> >

> > The very long version :
> >
> > To determine if Trinidad is ready to leave the incubator I took

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting+the+Incubator
and tried to
> > answer all the questions. The first 3 on that page are actually the last
ones, since I am treating
> > them more as general conclusions.
> >

> > Legal
> >
> > * All code ASL'ed
> > Looking at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-355 it is solved.
Most important is that
> > before the release everything is ok, so that check needs to be done before
a release (eg by using
> > RAT, mojo.codehaus.org is working on a maven2 plugin atm).
> >
> > * No non ASL or ASL compatbile dependencies in the code base
> > Don't see any problems here (just checked the deps in the poms).
> >
> > * License grant complete
> > Yep
> >
> > * CLAs on file.
> > Yep. Even people who submitted patches were asked to file a CLA.
> >
> > * Check of project name for trademark issues
> > Was tried, but since no one as access to the trademark database, it has
hard to determine.

> > Meritocracy / Community
> >
> > * Demonstrate an active and diverse development community
> > The community is very active, people send in patches that get applied, user
community is a bit
> > behind, but that should grow ones Trinidad is released.
> >
> > * The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there's at
least 3 legally
> > independent committers and there is no single company or entity that is
vital to the success of the
> > project)
> >
> > The main contributors are all employed by Oracle (based on the *commits*
since end of December).
> > These are matzew, jwaldman and awiner.
> > gcrawford   - Oracle
> > jfallows    - Not oracle anymore
> > mmarinschek - Irian (?)
> > slessard    - DMR Consulting Inc (?)
> > baranda     - ?
> > Mentors / champions
> > craigmcc    - Sun
> > mvdb        - Ordina (I don't count myself as a committer though)
> > mgeiler     - ? (not oracle afaik)
> >
> > Looking at the above list, it could mean a worry, which will be a lot less
worry looking at the rest
> > of the exit list.
> >
> > * The above implies that new committers are admitted according to ASF
practices

> > Absolutely. There were 3 committers added during incubation, one not Oracle
and 2 Oracle people.
> > From my perspective all 3 deserved to be committer (with that amount of
activity, people should be
> > voted in as a committer to be honest), so no favours were made just because
someone is from Oracle.
> > Currently some other people are on the radar to become committer (non
Oracle).

> > * ASF style voting has been adopted and is standard practice
> >
> > In every way.
> >
> > * Demonstrate ability to tolerate and resolve conflict within the community.
> >
> > Haven't noted much conflicts to be honest, but I am happy with the
oversight that is done and how
> > commits that get feedback get resolved quickly. I use the word feedback,
since I haven't noticed any
> > strong -1 on a commit, since there is respect for each others knowledge,
ego's don't tend to play
> > up, which is a good thing.
> >
> > * Release plans are developed and excuted in public by the community.
> >
> > This is done and currently the project is making it easier to do release
(cut down the manual work
> > of the release). The project has some problems getting a release out the
door, which is partially
> > solved by adding another mentor, so the project actually can get 3 binding
votes on a release. The
> > goal is to release the plugins and the core before leaving incubation.
Currently there is
> > http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/TrinidadReleaseProcedure on the wiki, which
after the releases are
> > done can be formalised as a permanent part of the website.
> >
> > * Engagement by the incubated community with the other ASF communities,
particularly infrastructure@
> > (this reflects my personal bias that projects should pay an nfrastructure
"tax").

> > This is the case, since there is my synergy with the MyFaces community and
most people from Trinidad
> > are also actively involved there. So infrastructure is less of a problem,
since that is handled (in
> > the future) by the MyFaces PMC.
> >
> > * Incubator PMC has voted for graduation
> > * Destination PMC, or ASF Board for a TLP, has voted for final acceptance
> >
> > The goal of this mail to get those votes :)
> >
> > Alignment / Synergy
> >
> > * Use of other ASF subprojects
> >
> > Not specifically, since the goals is to be JSR compliant.
> >
> > * Develop synergistic relationship with other ASF subprojects
> >
> > MyFaces is the sponsoring PMC.
> >
> > Infrastructure
> >
> > * SVN module has been created
> >
> > Yep, but it will move to MyFaces.
> >
> > * Mailing list(s) have been created
> > * Mailing lists are being archived
> >
> > Do we keep the trinidad lists ?
> >
> > * Issue tracker has been created
> > * Project website has been created
> >
> > Yep.
> >
> > * Project ready to comply with ASF mirroring guidlines
> >
> > The maven plugins don't need a seperate download and are therefor mirrored
to the maven
> > repositories. The Trinidad core still needs a release and will setup a
download page according to
> > the mirroring guidelines.
> >
> > * Project is integrated with GUMP if appropriate
> >
> > It is appropiate, but no gump integration afaik (since I am on the Gump
PMC, I like to see this
> > happening).
> >
> > * Releases are PGP signed by a member of the community
> >
> > Yep. Key signing is part of the standard release process.
> >
> > * Developers tied into ASF PGP web of trust
> >
> > Don't have a clue. Everyone coming to Apachecon however can join the Key
Signing session to be