<<On my Canon Mini-DV camcorder, if I play back what I've recorded I
have to stop the camcorder as soon as the last clip ends. If I leave
a gap between the last clip and the new clip I start recording the
time code will reset to zero on playback. Try leaving a second or so
of dummy video at the end of your clips so you don't care of you
record over it. Perhaps other camcorders work differently, but that's
my situation.>>
<<<<----It's not just YOUR situation, it's proper camera practice.
It's been the rule since time code was first laid down on videotape.
JeffH
Ch.S.>>>>
---PS: In fact, in the old days, you caught a lot of crap if you didnt leave
five seconds or so.
Some of the old VTR's were a little slow on the uptake and needed at least a
five count for everything to get stabilized.
When U-Matic first came out we complained because the small twenty minute
cassettes made those seconds all the more precious.
We got laughed at by all the film guys because they told us we were spoiled
"working with twenty minute loads".
Same philosophy applies to BetaCam......if a 20 minute load is good enough
for the film guys it's good enough for the video guys.
Try telling that to a news stringer camera operator...at least the Betas got
up to synch a lot faster. :-)
JeffH
Ch.S.
--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.6.2 - Release Date: 3/4/2005
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/