Ahha!
If the original movie is 1.5 hours long then the AVI file is unlikely to be
717mb (or even MB). Regular DV occupies 13GB per hour if I remember
correctly and so 1.5 hours would be 19.5 GB.

I'm no expert in these matters but I suspect that the mathematics have gone
a bit adrift somewhere.

Where did the figure of 717MB come from Andy? If you say the file came off a
CD I wonder how you got 1.5 hours onto a CD?

Julian
Bristol, England

************************************
    From: "Andy" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Date: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:16pm(PDT) 
Subject: Re: dvd format question

the movie is 1.5 hrs   I used 2 different programs and got the same
results.  I am going to try another program that was reccommended to me.



--- In [email protected], s g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> mmm, this doesn't seem right to me.  How can a 717mb avi turn into
over 4.7gb?  How long is the movie?  You probably need to adjust the
encoding in mpeg quality if it is creating a file that is too big...
> 
> Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    I had a movie file on a cd totalling
717mb in avi format.  I am trying
>  to convert to dvd format (mpeg2).  After converting it, it becomes a
>  4mb mpg2 file which while trying to make a dvd, it say requires 5.8gb
>  worth of data.  any ideas how to make it fit on a 4.7gb dvd disk?
>  
>  thanks for the help
>  andy




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to