I'm having problems capturing HDV footage in Premiere Pro 2.0. I 
create a series of unlinked clips, specifying start and stop points, 
then use batch capture to capture those clips all at once. Premiere 
steps through them, controlling the camcorder to fast forward and 
rewind into position. It starts playback, then captures the specified clip.

At least that's how it's supposed to work. Many times Premiere can't 
find the in point. It will search back and forth, start playback, 
immediately stop it, rewind slightly, try again, then after three 
times give up and move to the next clip. I can usually get it to 
finally capture the clip by adding some handles to the clip: in other 
words, setting a different in point.

I suspect that because HDV footage is encoded using GOPs (Groups of 
Pictures), it's tricky to find an index frame and get the capture 
started. But Premiere is not very smart about it, and quite often 
fails, which requires lots of hand holding.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you get batch 
capture to work the way it should with HDV capture?

Thanks,

Mike Boom



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to