At 06:04 PM 9/24/2006, Glen Tubbesing wrote:
>I don't know about HD, but I've had a similar problem with regular DV
>footage IF I don't set the in point at least 5 seconds after the cut
>started.  In other words, you need to make sure there is enough pre-roll
>on your clip to allow Premiere to find the in point, roll back 5 seconds
>and start recording.

It's a similar problem, but not quite the same. When you rewind and 
start playback of HDV footage on my Sony A1U camcorder, it takes the 
camcorder a second or two to find an index frame and start a full HDV 
data feed. Before that it plays back a reduced-resolution image. I 
suspect that Premiere expects the full HDV data stream immediately 
when it starts playing back. When it doesn't get it, it rewinds to 
try it again, fails again, and eventually gives up.

Premiere needs a better algorithm for capturing HDV: it should back 
up a couple of seconds further before the clip, let it play, and wait 
at least a couple of seconds for the full HDV data stream to start. 
I'm surprised that it's as flaky as it is, and wish there was some 
way to change it.

Thanks,

Mike Boom 



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to