From: Andy Raibeck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 2:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Problems installing client 4.1.1 on NT4

Hi Patrick and Mark,

Which NT product are you installing to (workstation, server, advanced
server, terminal server, etc.), and what service pack level is NT at?

We have another customer experiencing a similar problem, but I don't know
what the problem is. If anyone has seen this and resolved it, I'd love to
hear about it. Otherwise, I would ask that you do the following:

1) Confirm that you are (a) logged on to the local machine console (not
   via terminal server, (b) logged on as a *local* admin, not a domain
   admin, and (c) all other applications and services not essential to
   running the OS (including antivirus programs, database apps, etc.)
   are stopped.

2) Assuming that the stuff in item #1 is in order, please run the TSM
   setup program as follows:

      SETUP /V"/L*V SETUP.LOG"

   This will gather detailed setup info into a file called SETUP.LOG.

3) Zip up the SETUP.LOG file, open a problem ticket with IBM/Tivoli
   support, and send in the file. You can also send it directly to me,
   but if I can't tell right away what the problem is, I'd rather work
   with you through our support channels.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Did you install the 4.1.0 version first? I think I remember seeing this same
problem.. but I forget how I got it to work...

Mark