I have one tape I tested creating a backupset. I've found the following:

q libvol shows:
3494LIB        U00866        Private                   BackupSet

q backupset
ANR2034E QUERY BACKUPSET: No match found using this criteria.

I wonder why this tape is still around when my test was only set to keep it
for 5 days, it's been 2 weeks now since I created it. Do these expire
automatically or do I need to do something else. Why did it ask how long to
keep it if it didn't expire the tape automatically?

My next question is how to get at the data in a backupset. When I created
this backupset I was able to see it, but not as I expected. I used the gui
and was expecting to be able to see the file/directory structure but could
not. Isn't it possible to do this, what did I do wrong? If not what good is
a backupset if I have to restore the whole thing when all I would probably
want is a few files. I thought a backupset would be better on the database
than an archive that's why the test.

Thanks all for the help,

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer