From: Marc Levitan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 10:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: BACKUPSETS

Hi All --
Question on Backupsets:

I have created a Backupset with a retention time of 30 days.  Call it
BACKUPSET_X.
30 days comes and goes.

I look at TSM to see my backupsets and BACKUPSET_X is gone.  This is good!

Now I do a Q LIBV to look at my volumes.  The volume that WAS associated
with BACKUPSET_X is still there and labeled BACKUPSET.
My understanding is that after the retention time has expired, the volume
would be labeled as SCRATCH.

Do I have to manually scratch this volume, and other backupset volumes even
AFTER the BAckupset has expired?

Marc Levitan