From: Francisco Molero [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 9:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SAP and 3494 performance.

Hello,
I have a query about performance between a TDP for SAP
R/3 under HP-UX and TSM Server with a 3494 library.
The size of database is 350 GB and the connection is
via tcpip (ethernet 100). I used the brbackup -c -t
offline command and the bacukp is sent to tape pool in
the library 3494. I have a private network and also I
am using the compression parameter to yes in the
client in order to improve the performance in the
network. The backup takes 6 hours in backing up the db
and this time is very high. I need to reduce it. the
drives are 3590, and the format device class is DRIVE.
Can someone help me about the parameters which can
improve this performance ???

Regards,
Fran