On 2018-11-01 18:19, Michaud, Luc [Analyste principal - environnement
AIX] wrote:
> We want to upgrade our AIX-based TSM servers from 7.1.7.000 to
> 8.1.x.yyy
>
> The official IBM server upgrade process does not worry us by itself.
>
> However, on this list, over the last year, I did notice issues with
> SESSIONSECURITY, Web Client, as well as some regressions.
>
> So, here are my questions :
>
> 1.      Will our TSM 7.1 clients work correctly with 8.1 servers ?

I can help you with the question no.1 and confirm that after we upgraded
our Linux TSM servers from 7.1.7.300 to 8.1.1.000 all our 7.1 and even
6.3 clients work fine. We have about 300 clients (about 250 v7, 35 v8
and the rest at v6.3).

We plan to upgrade all clients to v8.1.2+ soon and then the servers to
the latest v8.1.x version available.

> 2.      Do we need to first upgrade our "Library Manager Server" to
> 8.1 ?  Any caveat with SESSIONSECURITY ?
>
> 3.      Is 8.1.5.100 a good server level to look at ?
>
> 4.      Any caveat for TDP clients ?  (such as SQLS, TDP for Oracle
> and TDP for Exchange) ?

Our six TDP for MSSQL clients work fine in the above scenario, but the
MS Exch v8.1.4.0 suddenly stopped working two weeks ago, after
successful 8-9 months at that level... We then tried the latest MS Exch
v8.1.6.0, but the errors remained the same as v8.1.4.0. and it still
fails every night...

The case for MS Exch is opened with IBM support, but no solution yet...

Regards,

--
Sasa Drnjevic
www.srce.unizg.hr/en/