I have to ask what OS/hardware/ISP are you running?  What procedure are you
using to prep for the OS patching  (we stop client sessions/all admin
processes - do a full DB backup - halt the server)

Our offsite replica server is RHEL 7 on Dell R740xd with 192GB and 3TB SSD
with the DB currently at 2.3TB used.  We patch monthly and never had it
take more than 15-minutes from OS reboot to ISP server being available!

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator