We are running rhel7 on a dell r730 and we just did a full and
dbsnap...ususally take about 1.5h for both to complete.

Typically then shutdown with systemctl stop tsminst1.

I think last time we stopped tsm about an hour after the db finished its
backups.  Likely restarted tsm about an hour after tsm stopped.  It takes
roughly and an hour for us to do all of the patching tripwire reboot etc
that we do.