Hello Eric,

  to come back to this old thread.
I got a eFix (8.1.8.201) for IT31042, and it solved all my problems with
deduplicated Oracle-DB backups. Speedup is x 400, expiration which didn't
end within 3 days is now done within 1 hour. Should be incorporated in 8.1.9,
but I got it backported for AIX to 8.1.8.200, maybe it is helpful for you if
you ask for Linux. The size of the backup objects doesn't matter, my objects
are in a range from 0.8 to 101 GB.

--
Michael Prix