Mike,

This is NOT true. While it is true that the Bare Metal Restore Main Server must
sit on a UNIX machine (AIX, Solaris, or HP), it does not matter to BMR what type
of platform is used for the TSM server - so long as TCP/IP communications are
used between the BMR Server and the TSM server, and the TSM Clients and the TSM
server.  There is a FAQ available for BMR, as well as other documentation on the
TKG website: http://www.tkg.com/bmr/tsm.

Mike Glassman - Admin wrote:

> All,
>
> We just had a meeting with our support people for TSM, regarding finishing
> the project we have.
>
> To cut things short, one of the options we required was Bare Metal Restore
> of NT and Unix servers.
>
> Our TSM server sits on an NT server.
>
> We were just informed (and this is what I want to ask about) that the BRM
> server (TSM) module, does not operate if the TSM server is on an NT server.
> (As I understand from their explanation, there is the TSM server side module
> and the client module).
>
> So in effect, we cannot impliment BRM due to this factor.
>
> Does anyone know if this is true ?
>
> Mike Glassman
> System & Security Admin
> Israeli Airports Authority
> Ben-Gurion Airport
> http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il
>
> Tel : 972-3-9710785
> Fax : 972-3-9710939
> Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Usage of this email address or any email address at iaa.gov.il for the
> purpose of sales pitches, SPAM or any other such unwanted garbage, is
> illegal, and any person, whether corporate or alone doing so, will be
> prosecuted to the fullest possible extent.
begin:vcard
n:Schafer;Ray
tel;cell:+1 (512) 426-3188
tel;fax:+1 (512) 433-3200
tel;work:+1 (512) 433-3345
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.tkg.com
org:The Kernel Group;Sales and Services
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Sales Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;1250 South Capital of Texas Highway=0D=0ABldg 3, Ste. 601;Austin;TX;78746;United States
fn:Ray Schafer
end:vcard