"Walker, Thomas" wrote:

> Also in the FAQ, I noticed that is does not *yet* support restoring to
> dissimiliar hardware. Considering that a true Disaster Recovery will
> probably take place in slightly different systems, I find it a little odd
> the BMR still doesn't support that yet. The hardest thing to do is restore
> NT machines because it's impossible to get an exact copy of the hardware at
> the DR site. So restoring the registry is useless. BMR looks promising, but
> only for NT. Mksysb's are still very useful and less of a hassle than
> setting up a BMR boot server.

Our FAQ needs to be updated. The first phase of dissmililar machine restore is done.
Release 3.1 is out and will support restore to dissimilar disks.  This is phase one.
More to come.

I would like to point out that TKG's BMR is the only product that can do this on AIX,
Solaris, HP-UX, and NT.

I have set up many BMR Boot Servers.  In my opinion, it is just as easy as doing a
mksysb, but it is a one time effort.  Mksysb's have to be done over and over again.

begin:vcard
n:Schafer;Ray
tel;cell:+1 (512) 426-3188
tel;fax:+1 (512) 433-3200
tel;work:+1 (512) 433-3345
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.tkg.com
org:The Kernel Group;Sales and Services
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Sales Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;1250 South Capital of Texas Highway=0D=0ABldg 3, Ste. 601;Austin;TX;78746;United States
fn:Ray Schafer
end:vcard