From: Brenda Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 11:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TSM Server Sizing

Hi!

Does anyone have any good tips on sizing a TSM server appropriately?  I do
have the sizing tool but there is so much manual work in trying to populate
that to get any information, particularly when you don't have documentation
for every environment.  I would welcome some comparisons if you care to
share.  I will have automated tape libraries at each location also, ranging
from a L180, L700 or Powderhorn.

I have 5 different sites to size:
1.) 40 servers - 1.5 tb storage total
2.) 50 servers - 1 tb storage total
3.) 300 servers - 11 tb. storage
4.) 125 servers - 6 tb. storage
5.) Moving from Mainframe to Unix - and merging two different backup
environments into one.
     TSM on OS/390 - Current occupancy is 18 TB, TSM database = 18gb
     Upstream - 325 clients

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Brenda Collins
Storage Administrator
ING - Americas Infrastructure Services
(612) 342-3839  (Phone)