TSM'ers I need help

I am trying to configure the above on an Xseries box running Win2K advanced server.
All the correct drivers have been used and all the components are at the correct
firmware levels.

All devices in the solution are connected to a 2109 S16

The problems I have encountered are as follows:

1. The windows device manager always shows an exclamation mark next to the SDG (Will
not properly recognise it or configure it).
2. When trying to configure the drives and library into TSM, it will not work using
the Windows 2000 element addressing but rather the generic addressing. This
subsequently causes checkin libvol to fail (I think!)

If any of you guys have ever configured something akin to this environment you may be
able to help me answer a couple of questions:

1. Based on the above, does anything immediately come to mind, from your experience?
2. With the tape drives in the 3583 being SCSI but the attachment being Fiber, must
the TSM server "see" the drives as SCSI of fiber drives?

I know this may all sound rather vague but its the best way I could try and explain
it...

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
John