The *SCHEDULECMD commands are launched via the command interpreter
specified by the ComSpec environment variable, which points to the cmd.exe
file on Windows NT systems. cmd.exe supports the launch of scripts and
binary executables ("programs"). Therefore, *SCHEDULECMD can be used to
launch scripts as well as executable modules.

APAR IC40249 is suspect, as it is fixed in 5.2.4. In particular, even if
the specified command were invalid, I would expect to see a message in the
dsmsched.log file indicating that it is attempting to launch the command.

If that isn't the issue, then a thorough examination of the TSM
environment needs to be made to understand what is happening:

- Server-side client option sets that might impact PRESCHEDULECMD

- Definitions of schedules associated with this node, in particular the
OPTIONS setting

- Firm verification of the client options file that is being used by the
scheduler (confirm that the scheduler is using the options file you think
it is using)

- Verification of the client options file to ensure that there are not any
duplicate options that might be causing a conflict.

- Try running "dsmc query options *schedulecmd" using the same options
file and node name that the scheduler is using, to verify that TSM is
seeing the option correctly.

- Examine dsmerror.log for any related error messages.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 2005-11-07