On the second question anser is: No (but it depends on HW of dedicated
machine and resources of LPARs)
Also it's important type of your backups (LAN/SAN) via DiskPool or
directly to the tape and many other...
But in most cases performance of Dedicated machine / LPAR will be the same
if resources are same (LAN, FC, SCSI, Mem, CPU and other resources)

Kerry Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
16.01.2007 18:56
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>

ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Architecture and Instability Questions

Hello All,

I have a couple of questions...

1)       This weekend TSM 5.3.2 on our AIX server became 'unstable', in
that it would accept a userid but then just 'hang'  and not give a
prompt for a password.  Some short time later, we were not even able to
telnet into the AIX box that the TSM server software resides on.   We
could ping the box but it is as if the TCP/IP services for AIX 5.3.2 had
stopped.   Has anyone else experienced any problems like this?

2)       Is it common to put the TSM software on the main AIX box vs
putting it on an LPAR of a SAN?

Thanks for any help.    Kerry

*** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***

This message and any included attachments are from MedSynergies, Inc. and
are intended only for the addressee. The contents in this message contain
confidential information belonging to the sender that is legally
protected. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or
use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the
sender of the delivery error by e-mail or contact MedSynergies, Inc. at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]