FFFA says manually removed and the only way to clear it is to change it to
a FFFB (Purge Volume category).

The way I do this via AIX is:

mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -Vvolser -sFFFA -t FFFB

Ronald Le Large <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
01/24/2007 09:13 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>

ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] How to remove a tape from a 3494 inventory ?

I have manually removed an inserted (not labelled) 3592 tape from a 3494
library.
Before I removed it, the mtlib command showed the tape with a category of
FF00
After I (physically) removed it form the slot, the category changed into
FFFA (means volume is manually ejected).

But, the mtlib query still shows the tape and I am afraid that if I insert
the tape later it will be refused by the library .

My question:
how do I remove this tape from the library inventory so it will not be
shown anymore via the mtlib command

The library automatically makes an inventory after you have opened and
closed the doors. Apart from that I started a additional inventory update
via the library manager.

Kind regards,

Ronald
TSM admin