Hello Steven,

it is possible, but a bit tricky:
Via "Open Channel..." you reference a tdpo.opt. In this tdpo.opt you
name a dsm.opt, and in this dsm.opt you can specify via "include
/<tdpo_fs>/.../* MC_NAME" your
managment-class.

The differenciation between db-backups and log-backups are done in the
rman-script. In one you do a "backup database", in the other a "backup
archivelogs".
You have to have two different scripts, or close and open the channels
in between.Each "open channel" sources a different tdpo.opt which calls
a different dsm.opt. During the "backup database", some archivelogs will
also be backed up, but this might not be the problem in this construct.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards

Michael Prix