You don't want to modify anything or you'll affect incremental builds. You
can create a task which parses the resource XMLs coming in, generates the
new language in a new folder in the build directory, and then register that
task as resource generating using regsiterResGeneratingTask on the variant.

It's a lot to take in (and learn about if you don't know the internals of
the Android plugin), but it will give you the best result in the end.